INTERNAL (FEMALE) CONDOM
WHEN and HOW?
A new internal (female) condom must be used each time you have sex. The internal (female) condom has an efficacy of 79% with typical use.
How to use the internal (female) condom?
The external (male) and internal (female) condoms work in the same way. The only difference is, who is putting it on, or in.
- Put the internal condom into the vagina right before sex.
- Take the sheath and find the closed end’s ring which hold the internal condom in place.
- Squeeze this flexible ring together and insert the condom as you would a tampon, as far as you can up to your cervix. The closed end of the internal condom covers the cervix and the open end should hang about an inch outside your vagina.
- Once you’re finished, simply grab the open end, twist to close, pull it out gently, and don’t spill anything.
- Use it only once and then throw it away.