How do I choose the right contraceptive method?
5 steps to find the contraceptive method that is most suitable for you:
- Select all contraceptive options you wish to compare, or filter available methods by:
b. Hormonal / Non-Hormonal
c. STI protection
d. Way of use
- Click on COMPARE or COMPARE ALL
- Check the advantages and disadvantages of all contraceptive methods in the comparison table.
- Download your contraceptive method overview in PDF format where you will also find useful questions to ask your doctor.
Look at all the details of your favorite methods and ask your doctor for advice.
The Contraception Comparison Tool
What are different types of contraception?
There are many types of contraceptives available. One common way of categorizing contraceptive methods is by looking at how often you need to remember to take or use them, for example, there are short-term contraceptives and long-acting reversible contraception methods.
Which contraceptive is right for me?
- Start and answer 7 questions to see which contraception method suits your needs best
- Take a look at your result list and check all details of your favorite contraceptive(s)
- Consult your doctor to get answers to open questions