THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN THE YOUR LIFE CAMPAIGN & THE WORLD CONTRACEPTION DAY!
...are welcome and highly appreciated. That`s why we created this Facebook page as a platform of information and dialogue about contraception and safe sex. We want to enable young people to make informed choices about their sexual and reproductive health to reach our vision of a world where every pregnancy is wanted. An important part of that are young people voicing their opinions and questions on topics concerning love, sex and contraception.
The Your Life Campaign is a year-around worldwide campaign with World Contraception Day (WCD) as its annual highlight on September 26. It is supported by a coalition of 16 international Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), governmental organizations and scientific and medical societies with an interest in sexual and reproductive health and is sponsored by Bayer AG. The WCD partners share a joint voice on the importance of contraceptive awareness among young people worldwide and together provide input on the strategic objectives and framework of the Your Life campaign. However, WCD / Your Life contents do not necessarily reflect the viewpoint of the individual members of the WCD partner coalition and is developed and published by Bayer. Learn more about the project here: https://www.your-life.com/en/for-doctors-parents-etc/about-wcd/
As Bayer is a company in a very sensitive and regulated industry, we have to follow some specific rules under which we have to operate in any kind of communication channel. Additionally, many of our medicines are used to treat serious medical conditions. Also prescription only contraceptives require thorough medical counselling before individual usage. That is why we take great care to avoid unmonitored or unverified medical advice being posted here. Therefore Bayer reserves the right to remove posts, comments, pictures or videos from our wall at our sole discretion, when they are not consistent with our guidelines or the regulatory rules of our industry. This might be not very Web 2.0 – but as a healthcare company, we have the responsibility to manage our social media channels appropriately in line with the existing regulations.
Please take a few minutes to read the information below for more details about why content may need to be removed from our page:
Talking about products
Statements from users on our social channels do not necessarily reflect our opinion. However, we still have to meet all the regulations that govern our industry, including the prohibition of promoting any prescription only drug to an audience that does not consist of healthcare professionals. That's why we will remove any post that references a pharmaceutical brand from any company including Bayer, no matter if it is positive or negative.
Talking about medical issues
The content available on our social media channels are for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a substitute for individual medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please always consult your doctor or healthcare specialist for individual medical advice.
All medicines may cause side effects. If you would like to report an adverse event or product complaint, please find here the contact data:
- For non-U.S.-visitors:
- Please contact us via our global website at https://pharma.bayer.com/en/treatment-care/report-a-side-effect/
- or check our list "Homepages worldwide" to identify your country contacts https://www.bayer.com/en/bayer-worldwide.aspx#webworlwide
- For visitors from the US:
- In the United States of America, please call us at 1-888-84Bayer (1-888-842-2937).
- You may also report side effects to the Food and Drug Administration. The FDA has established a reporting service known as Medwatch where health care professionals and consumers can report serious problems they suspect may be associated with the drugs and medical devices they prescribe, dispense, or use. Visit Medwatch at www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or call 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088)
- You can also ask your health care provider for more information or contact your local health authority.
Talking about tonality
As we respect all visitors of this page in return we ask that everyone treat each other with respect, even if we don't agree from time to time. However, Bayer does reserve the right to delete any posting at its sole discretion. We don't want to censor this page but there might be a situation in which we are required to remove your post. If you use disrespectful language, your post gets pulled (and it might get screened by the Facebook`s profanity filter before being posted in the first place). In addition to vulgar language, we'll be screening the following:
- Personal insults or degrading comments of any kind, disparaging comments about institutions, organizations or companies, sexist or racist comments, or hate propaganda, calls to violence of any kind, calls to join in demonstrations or rallies of any political orientation
- Any violation of the rights of third parties, including in particular copyrights,
- posts and comments that do not relate to the messages under discussion or are off-topic
- Offering goods or services, of either a commercial or private nature, or using this social channel as an advertising space
- Spam, i.e. any form of automatically generated content or repeatedly posting the same comment.
Gross or repeated violations, may lead to the exclusion of any further messages from a user and the disabling of his or her account for this social page (where applicable).
In the spirit of this community, we ask that anyone participating in the conversation keep it friendly, respectful and relevant. The style of communication on this channel should be characterized by:
- Treat every other user as you would like to be treated yourself
- Everyone has the right to express their own opinion. Please respect this and not try to force your opinion on anyone else.
- Respect the rights of others
Talking about language
Our social media channels are currently only operated in English and we can only address your comments if you provide them to us in English. You may find more information on contraception & sexual health in different languages on our website: www.your-life.com
We believe that social media ...
... offers a great opportunity for dialogue and learning about sexual and reproductive health and rights, contraception and safe sex. We are looking forward to share and discuss with you our vision of a world where every pregnancy is wanted. Let's create a space where we can exchange our ideas in an un-biased, non-judgmental manner.