WCD SUPPORTED BY
WCD is supported by a coalition of 16 international Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), governmental organizations and scientific and medical societies with an interest in sexual and reproductive health.
The main aims of the Federation are:
- To promote research in the field of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology and to enforce the knowledge thereby acquired into practice, with the objective of improving health, welfare and rights of young girls and adolescents.
- To promote research and education in Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology and to support application of knowledge to practice.
- To promote cooperation among the Member Societies.
- To improve the interest and knowledge in topics of international importance related to PAG, particularly concerning prevention, diagnosis and appropriate therapeutic approaches.
- To promote and improve the capability and skill of physicians practicing PAG.
- To promote scientific approaches to PAG expanding university and post-graduate teaching and quality management.
- To cooperate with other international organizations that deal with topics of PAG nature.
- To promote the development of PAG in countries with large population of girls and adolescents and without PAG structures.
In pursuing these objectives the Federation observes the basic policy of political non discrimination and affirms the rights of physicians in PAG of any country to adhere to or to associate with international activity in the field of PAG without regard to ethnic groups, religion, political or philosophical standpoint.
The Federation is composed of National Organizations, and individual members in countries where it has not yet been possible to form a national organization.
AREAS OF EXPERIENCE
Organization of Congresses, Meetings and Workshops.
GEOGRAPHIC RANGE OF WORK